5 TIPS FOR RECEIVING POSITION IN SNATCH
1. RECEIVING POSITION should be really low - this is a really low squat with the barbell over your head, the back surface of the thigh touching the calf muscle. It should be remembered that even the smallest lack of squat depth in RECEIVING POSITION will lead to an unrealized result in the snatch. Because the whole point of the movement is to create the maximum height of the barbell's reach and at the same time take the lowest possible position in the squat, as quickly as possible.
2. Stability - you need to understand that holding an extreme, and even beyond extreme weight over your head is difficult not only for beginners, but also for professional athletes. For professional athletes especially, since for them the weight is heavier. Therefore, the ability to cope with their fears distinguishes a professional athlete from a beginner.
3. Awareness and control - low squat is a difficult enough position and in order to do it automatically, it can take 2-3 years for each lift to consciously control the position of the feet, back and arms. And even if you have excellent joint mobility, be prepared that it may take a considerable amount of time before this position begins to work out on its own.
4. Mobility and balance - precisely those skills that will help you keep the ultimate weight above your head when the barbell is pressing down on you. Yes, strength is important, but lack of balance will keep you from finding the perfect position for both your body and barbell, and lack of mobility can turn your power against you.
5. Habit - as I already mentioned earlier, in order to work out a difficult form in total, it is necessary to work on single elements for a fairly long time. The habit of sitting in squats for 2-5 seconds, regardless of the weight of the barbell, should be formed during the initial training and remain with the highly qualified athlete. It should be remembered that you can always get out of the squat instantly, but if you aren’t accustomed to sitting to keep the barbell over your head, then you will have NO LIFT.
You might be interested in: