TOP-5 PROTEIN PRODUCTS
Nutrition for a weightlifter is an important link for achieving results and increasing power indicators. Let's dwell on those products that are needed to build the right NUTRITION PROGRAM. Keep in mind, the main macronutrient that plays a role in preserving an athlete’s muscle mass, is protein. So, here they are, the top five must-have protein products.
This category includes:
- Meat and poultry. Of course, what do we do about that? These products are a main sources of protein. Although, I do suspect that sometimes there are weightlifter-vegetarians in this sport. 100 grams of turkey contains almost 50% of the daily norm of all essential amino acids, not to mention the substitutes. In addition, a high content of selenium, sodium, sulfur and B vitamins positively affects the contraction of an athlete’s muscles.
- The second position in this rating is taken by a chicken egg. To mention the nutritional value of yolks is simply a necessity. The yolk is rich in choline (vitamin B4), lecithin, cholesterol, monounsaturated fatty acids, vitamin D and E. These are the components that preserve the integrity of the cell wall and help in the formation of steroid hormones, including testosterone.
- Fish is in third place. And, the fatter it is, the more useful it is. The best option is the fish from cold waters - salmon or herring. In addition to the full amino acid composition, this type of fish is rich in essential polyunsaturated fatty acids, Omega - 3, which are important for strengthening the heart muscle and preventing the formation of plaque in the vessels.
- Fourth place is cottage cheese. This product is also one of the leaders in the delivery of amino acids to the athlete's body. In addition, it contains a lot of casein - a long-chain protein. And that's why many weightlifters consume cottage cheese before going to bed so that an amino acids pool will feed the muscles during sleep. Cottage cheese should not be used completely fat-free. Choose the optimal fat content - at least 5%.
- And our rating ends with such a protein product as hard cheese. Many fear this product because of the high fat content and the presence of cholesterol but it should not be that way. Fermented dairy products no longer contain lactose (milk sugar), which can bring discomfort to many athletes and, therefore, can be safely included in the food basket. In addition to high protein content, this product is rich in phosphorus, calcium, sodium and B vitamins, especially vitamin B12, which can not be found in plant products. All these micronutrients support the health of the musculoskeletal system and the immune system, and form resistance to stressful situations.
There is a TOP 5 list of carbohydrate sources and helpful foods that are rich in fats, but I'll tell you about them in the next article.
Take care of your muscles, eat protein and let your NUTRITION PROGRAM help you to lift new kilograms.