Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS)
Founder of Movement 4 Wellness Physical Therapy, LLC.
- Physiotherapist or Physical Therapy for 6 years
- USAW Weightlifting Coach
- Functional Fitness Level 1 Trainer
- 4 years in competitive Functional Fitness Athlete
- Oly weightlifter for 2 years
- Master Degree in Genetic Human Biology
Dr. Ernesto Mendez is a licensed physical therapist, a board Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS) and founder of Movement 4 Wellness Physical Therapy, LLC.
He earned his degree from Thomas Jefferson University. He is also an Olympic weightlifting coach (USAW L1) and Functional Fitness L1 trainer.
Dr. Mendez is fluent in both English and Spanish. His experience includes the areas of pain management, movement analysis, injury recovery, surgical rehab, corrective exercise, and athletic, military, and occupational performance. Dr Mendez is passionate about olympic weightlifting and fitness. After a personal experience with two knee surgeries, Dr. Mendez is passionate about facilitating recovery and promoting fitness and wellness education to all his patients/clients. He is responsible for designing multiple training programs, writing blog articles, posting daily weightlifting content, doing live weightlifting and mobility seminars. At a personal level, Dr. Mendez is a sport and nature lover. Outside the office, he can enjoy a hike with his wife, lifting weights, or surfing.
Level 1 USAW Weightlifting Coach
Fitness Level Trainer Certification
- Everything You Need to Know About the Overhead Squat
- Shoulder Mobility Functional Fitness Shoulder Stretches
- Upper Body Stretching
- Knee Pain During Squats: Reasons & How to Fix
- Knee Pain After Workout: Causes & Recommended Treatment
- Knee Pain From Functional Fitness
- Is Jump Rope Bad For Knees?
- Dealing With Knee Pain From Leg Press
- Knee Pain From Treadmill — Effective Ways to Relieve Your Pain
- Knee Pain from Lifting — Types, Causes, and Treatments