DAY 4 at 2022 CrossFit Games:Big Lifting Saturday
There were three events on tap for the individuals and teams, and it was the final day of the competition for age groups and adaptive athletes. When the dust settled at the end of the day the individual field was cut to 30 and the teams to 20.
It appears that Tia-Clair Toomey-Orr has solidified her hold on the number one position and now leads Mallory O’Brien by almost a hundred points. She is well on her way to winning yet another CrossFit Games title!
The individual events were Rinse N’ Repeat (50-yard swim, 8-calorie Ski Erg), Hat Trick (sprint, 20 wall-ball shots, 6 dumbbell snatches), and Sandbag Ladder (1-rep-max sandbag to shoulder).
Individual Event 8: Rinse ‘N’ Repeat
The athletes were all given a 50-yard swim and ski erg workout (8-10-12-14-16-18), which included up to eight rounds. If they failed in completing both within two minutes then it was game over for them!
Individual Women's Results
- Lucy Campbell — 138 calories
- Amanda Barnhart — 134 calories
- Laura Horvath — 133 calories
- Tia-Clair Toomey — 131 calories
- Kara Saunders — 130 calories
- Haley Adams — 129 calories
- Matilde Garnes — 129 calories
- Mal O’Brien — 128 calories
- Arielle Loewen — 128 calories
- Brooke Wells — 127 calories
Individual Men’s Results
- Roman Khrennikov — 160 calories
- Dallin Pepper — 157 calories
- Jonne Koski — 154 calories
- Lazar Đukić — 153 calories
- Sam Kwant — 153 calories
- Brent Fikowski — 153 calories
- Justin Medeiros — 152 calories
- Cole Sager — 148 calories
- Cole Greashaber — 148 calories
- Ricky Garard — 147 calories
Individual Event 9: Hat Trick
The midday event on day four was an all-out sprint, three rounds with four minutes to rest in-between. In each round the athlete had to sprint down the field, complete 20 wall balls (20 and 14 pounds, but 12- and 11-feet targets), followed by six dumbbell squat snatches with a heavy dumbbell, 100 pounds for the men and 70 for the women, then capped off with a final sprint across the finish line.
The women were the first group to do this CrossFit Games event. The 40 athletes were divided into 2 heats with each heat doing one round at a time.
Individual Women’s Results
- Ellie Turner — 3:55.94
- Mal O’Brien — 4:04.66
- Tia-Clair Toomey — 4:08.66
- Danielle Brandon — 4:08.80
- Kara Saunders — 4:10.73
- Gabriela Migała — 4:15.81
- Paige Semenza — 4:19.35
- Laura Horvath — 4:19.41
- Emma Lawson — 4:20.22
- Amanda Barnhart — 4:20.61
Individual Men’s Results
- Guilherme Malheiros — 3:44.18
- Justin Medeiros — 4:01.83
- Dallin Pepper — 4:06.23
- Nick Mathew — 4:07.78
- Brent Fikowski — 4:08.70
- Lazar Đukić — 4:08.82
- Roman Khrennikov — 4:11.24
- Tudor Magda — 4:12.96
- Jeffrey Adler — 4:14.48
- Patrick Vellner — 4:14.77
Individual Event 10: Sandbag Ladder
The sandbag ladder is the final event of a day full...of sweat, tears and hard work! The bags ranged in weight from 160 pounds to 260 pounds for the women and 240 pounds to 340 pounds for the men.
Dani Speegle is the only athlete to get the 250LB Rogue Strongman Sandbag to her shoulder in the Strongman inspired Sandbag Ladder event. Toomey took 6th overall and extended her lead overall.
Raise it up.— Rogue Fitness (@RogueFitness) August 7, 2022
Dani Speegle is the only athlete to get the 250LB Rogue Strongman Sandbag to her shoulder in the Strongman inspired Sandbag Ladder event at the @CrossFitGames https://t.co/Je8IRdCzTK#ryourogue #crossfitgames pic.twitter.com/MuMdl6pkbE
Our team is always working on the next big thing and we have a newsletter just for you! Sign up today to stay in-the know with all of our latest updates from the 2022 CrossFit Games.